Vennesla is a municipality in Vest-Agder county, Norway. Vennesla was separated from Øvrebø in 1861. Øvrebø and Hægeland were merged with Vennesla again on 1 January 1964. It lies about 17 kilometres (11 mi) north of Kristiansand and it is the third-largest municipality of the county.
The municipality (originally the parish) is named after the old Vennesla farm (Old Norse Vendilslá), since the first church was built there. The first element is the genitive case of vendill which means "small twig" (maybe used as a name of an arm of Venneslafjorden) and the last element is lá which means "swamp".
The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted on 15 May 1971. The wavy bend in the arms symbolises the Otra river, which runs through the municipality. The trees symbolize forestry and the cogwheels symbolize industry.