Randaberg is a municipality in Rogaland county, Norway, located just to the north of Stavanger. Randaberg was separated from Hetland on 1 July 1922. The northernmost conurbation of Stavanger/Sandnes can be found here.
The municipality (originally the parish) is named after the old Randaberg farm (Old Norse: Randaberg), since the first church was built there. The first element is the plural genitive case of rönd which means "edge", "brink", or "verge" and the last element is Berg which means "mountain".
The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted on 26 June 1981. The arms show fourteen silver coins on a blue field. The arms are partly canting since the name is derived from rond which means "edge" and the coins are placed around the shield. The coins symbolize the ball-shaped stones found in large amounts on the beach in Randaberg.