Ørskog is a municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. It is part of the Sunnmøre region. The administrative centre is the village of Sjøholt. European Route E39 and European Route E136 runs through the municipality, connecting the towns of Ålesund and Molde.Ørskog was established as a municipality on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt). The municipality of Sykkylven was separated from Ørskog on 1 August 1883. This left Ørskog with 1,735 inhabitants. The municipalities of Skodje and Stordal were briefly merged into Ørskog on 1 January 1965, and then they were separated from Ørskog again on 1 January 1977.
The municipality (originally the parish) is named after the old Ørskog farm (Old Norse: Øyraskógr), since the first church was built there. The first element is the plural genitive case of øyrr which means "shoal" and the last element is skógr which means "wood" or "forest".The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted on 11 November 1983. The arms show a wooden pole as a symbol for forestry and fur farming. In the 17th century, the municipality exported many tall trees to the Dutch Republic, where they were used for shipbuilding. The ermine is a canting for the many animals in the forests.