Levanger is a municipality in Nord-Trøndelag county, Norway. It is part of the Innherred region. The administrative centre of the municipality is the town of Levanger. Other villages in the municipality include Alstadhaug, Ekne, Hokstad, Markabygd, Momarka, Mule, Nesset, Okkenhaug, Ronglan, Skogn, and Åsen.
The town of Levanger lies at the mouth of the Levangerelva river along the Trondheimsfjord. One of the main roads through the town is Kirkegata. The 5.74-square-kilometre (2.22 sq mi) town has a population (2009) of 8,924. The population density is 1,555 inhabitants per square kilometre (4,030 /sq mi). The town has held "town status" since 1997.
The town of Levanger was established as a municipality on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt). In 1856, the rural areas around the town of Levanger were separated from the town to form the rural municipality of Levanger landsogn (the name was later changed to Frol). This left 1,017 residents in the town. On 13 November 1951, a small area of Frol (population: 51) was transferred to the town of Levanger.