Fyresdal is a municipality in Telemark county, Norway. It is part of the traditional region of Vest-Telemark. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Moland. The municipality of Moland was established on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt). In 1879, the name was changed to Fyresdal.
The Old Norse form of the name was Fyrisdalr. The first element is the genitive case of the name of the lake Fyrir (now called Fyresvatn). The last element is dalr which means "valley" or "dale". The name of the lake is derived from the word fura which means "pine tree". Prior to 1879, the municipality was called Moland.
The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted in 1992. The arms show two silver-colored broadaxes on a green background. It was chosen to represent the forestry work in the municipality.