Port Taranaki is a port complex located in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is the only deep water port on the west coast of New Zealand, and is owned by the Taranaki Regional Council. The port handles a wide range of coastal and international cargoes, mostly relating to the farming, engineering and petrochemical industries.
Adjacent features include the city of New Plymouth, the New Plymouth Power Station and the Sugar Loaf Islands Marine Protected Area (SLIMPA). The port was established in 1875, and construction of the main breakwater began in 1881.