Lyttelton Harbour is one of two major inlets in Banks Peninsula, on the coast of Canterbury, New Zealand. The other is Akaroa Harbour. Approximately 15 km in length from its mouth to Teddington, the harbour was formed from a series of ancient volcanic eruptions that created a caldera, the steep sides of which form the Port Hills on its northern shore.
The harbour provides access to a busy commercial port situated at Lyttelton. In 1877 the Lyttelton Harbour Board (now Lyttelton Port Company) initiated construction of an inner harbour, which today includes a petroleum storage facility and a modern container and cargo terminal.