Milpillas de Allende is a town in the southern portion of the Mexican state of Zacatecas, at around 21°19'31" N, 103°36'50" W, in the municipality of Teúl de González Ortega. People of this singular town grow corn and blue agave in peculiar red soil, and also engage in cattle ranching. The most important building structure of the town, is without a doubt the church in the name of San José (Saint Joseph). Its colorful fiesta on his honor is celebrated annually around the second week of January.
The name of the town is a result of the union of: Milpillas (cornfields) and Allende, the last name of Ignacio Allende. The original name was San Jose de Milpillas, in honor of the town’s patron saint. However by the 1950 government census the town appears with the name Milpillas de Allende. Before México was conquered, this region was inhabited by native Indians probably controlled by the Caxcan. In 1688 on July 16 Alonso de Zevallos VillaGutierrez, gobernor of the Nueva Galicia, grants the land to Pedro Castañeda under a royal decree. ea