Seda is a city in Mažeikiai district municipality, Lithuania. It is located 24 km (15 mi) south-west of Mažeikiai on the Varduva River. There are two churches in the town. Seda, like almost all Lithuania, is a Catholic village. There are two wooden churches in Seda. One of them is the Church of the Assumption which was first built in 1508. The Baroque church has several objects included in the Lithuanian heritage list – two bells, four ornamented crosses, fourteen stations of the cross, five altars, double-sided paintings Christ between instruments of torture and Pietà, three other paintings. The second church is the church of Saint John of Nepomuk which was consecrated in 1793. Before the Holocaust, the town also had a Jewish synagogue, first mentioned in 1657.