The house was built around 1883 and belonged to the largest building contractor, the architect and patron Kristaps Morbergs. The summer house is a monument of neo-Gothic wooden architecture which was panelled with iron sheets at the end of the 19th century. It was expanded and improved up until 1914. In 2007 – 2008 the buildings of the ensemble and the interiors were restored, the lay-out and the greenery of the 19th century was restored.
The current owner of the building is the University of Latvia. A tour through the restored property of the building contractor gives information on the history of the summer house, and the talent and the heritage of its owner. Conferences, seminars for small groups, social events or receptions can be held here.