Takatsuki-shi Station is a train station on the Hankyu Railway Kyoto
Line located in Takatsuki, Osaka
.It is one of the main train stations of the city along with Takatsuki Station on the JR Kyoto Line.All types of train services on the line stop at Takatsuki-shi as one of key stations along the line. Many trains from Osaka, especially those from the Sakaisuji Line, terminate at Takatsuki-shi.
The station opened on January 16, 1928 and served as the terminal of the Shin-Keihan Line until its extension to Kyoto in November 1928. The station name was originally Takatsuki-machi (meaning Takatsuki Town) and was changed to the present one in 1943 when the town obtained the city status.The construction of the elevated station replacing the original ground-level station was completed in 1994.