Kobe City University of Foreign Studies (Kōbe-shi gaikokugo daigaku), KCUFS (Kōbe gaidai) for short, is a municipal university in Japan. It is located in Gakuen-higashimachi, Nishi-ku, Kobe City. It was founded in 1946 as Kobe Municipal College of Foreign Affairs (Kōbe shiritsu gaiji semmon gakkō), a coeducational college with a three-year curriculum. Kobe City was heavily damaged in World War II, and it founded the college to help restore the port city.
The college had three departments: English Language, Russian Language and Chinese Language. The first campus was located in Daikai-dori, Hyogo-ku; the school buildings were those of Daikai Elementary School, which had few pupils at that time. In 1947 the college moved to Onogara-dori, Fukiai-ku (Chuo-ku now). In April 1949 the college was developed into Kobe City University of Foreign Studies, a four-year university under Japan's new educational system. A new campus was opened on a hill called Kusu-ga-oka in Nada-ku.