Hirado Castle (Hirado-jō) was the seat of the Matsuura clan, the daimyo of Hirado Domain, of Hizen province, Kyūshū. It is located in present-day Hirado city Nagasaki prefecture, Japan. It was also known as Kameoka Castle (Kameoka-jō). Hirado Castle was built on top of a small, rounded mountainous peninsula facing Hirado Bay, surrounded on three sides by water.
After Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s successful conquest of Kyūshū, local warlord Matsuura Shigenobu was granted Hirado County and the Iki Island to be his domain. In 1599, Matsuura Shigenobu erected a castle called Hinotake-jō on the site of the present-day Hirado Castle. However, he burned the castle down himself in 1613, as a gesture of loyalty towards Shōgun Tokugawa Ieyasu, having served in the losing Toyotomi side during the Battle of Sekigahara. In return, he was allowed to retain his position as daimyō of Hirado Domain under the Tokugawa bakufu.