Hachinohe Castle (Hachinohe-jō) was a Japanese castle that formed the administrative center of Hachinohe Domain, a feudal domain of the Nambu clan, located in the center of what is now the city of Hachinohe in Aomori Prefecture, Japan. Nothing remains of the castle today.
Hachinohe Castle was constructed in 1627, but styled as a jin'ya due to restrictions set by the Tokugawa Shogunate, which permitted only one castle per domain. It had two sets of concentric moats, and a two-story central structure with a barracks, but no donjon. It became the headquarters of the new Hachinohe Domain in 1664. From 1827-1829, the 8th daimyō of Hachinohe, Nambu Nobumasa, constructed a new palace in the inner bailey, as well as a martial arts training school in the second bailey. In 1838, Hachinohe Domain was upgraded in rank by the Shogunate, and for the first time Hachinohe Castle was officially styled as a “castle”.