The Fukuoka Municipal Zoo and Botanical Garden, also known as the Fukuoka City Zoological Garden, is a zoo and botanical garden established in 1953 and located within Minami-koen park at 1-1, Minami-Koen, Chūō-ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan. The gardens were originally established near the city's East park in 1933 as part of the celebration of the coronation of Emperor Hirohito.
This small 5,096-tsubo (1.685 ha) zoo and botanical garden included about 500 animals and 100 species of plants. The zoo was closed to the public on 20 May 1944 due to the deteriorating state of World War II for the country. Large animals were subsequently euthanized. Pillars from the old zoo gate are still standing near one of the elementary schools in the city. In 1949 the city approved the establishment of a zoo in the city's South park. The Fukuoka City Zoological Society was established in 1952, and ¥28 million was raised for the new zoo.