Prospect Cemetery is a historic cemetery located in the Jamaica section of the New York City borough of Queens. It was established in 1668 and known as the "burring plas." The cemetery was generally known as the Presbyterian burial ground and is one of the few remaining Colonial cemeteries in Queens. It includes approximately 240 family plots containing 2,100 burials and date from the founding of the cemetery to the late 20th century. The last burial was in 1988. Included on the property as a contributing building is the Chapel of the Sisters, erected in 1857.