Villa Olmo is a neoclassical villa located in the city of Como
, northern Italy
The construction of the Villa, which began in 1797, was commissioned by marquis Innocenzo Odescalchi from Swiss architect Simone Cantoni. As it was designed to be a summer retreat for the aristocracy, it was built alongside the lake; the villa was named after an elm planted in the middle of the ornate gardens, which is no longer alive today.
It was acquired in 1924 by the municipality of Como and today is open to the public only during exhibitions, while the lakeside gardens are freely accessible during the daytime.