Portogruaro is a town and comune in the province of Venice, Veneto, northern Italy.
Portogruaro was founded in 1140, when the bishop of Concordia, Gervinus, gave right to several fishermen to settle here and build a river port. A castle existed here, however, as early as the 10th century. In 1420 its citizen asked to become part of the Republic of Venice: under the Venetians the town enjoyed a certain degree of autonomy and could expand economically. In the 17th century, however, it followed the economical decline of Venice.
After the Napoleonic parentheses, in 1815 it was assigned to the Austrian Empire, under which Portogruaro remained until 1866. After that year it followed the history of Italy.
- Abbey of Summaga (11th century)
- Mills on the Lumene river (12th century)
- Church of Sant'Agnese (13th century)
The Roman and medieval city of Concordia Sagittaria was located nearby.