The port of Pescara is an Italian port on the Adriatic Sea at the mouth of the River Pescara in the city of Pescara.
He was born in the early twentieth century, designed by engineer Thomas Mati end 800, revised in 1908 by Ing. Cat (but already in Roman times was an important port on the strategic position of the city of Pescara). The port of Pescara was conceived mainly as a staging area for use by numerous local fishing fleet, which had laid the foundations in the river in the second half of the 800.
This project was created at the request of the navy to remedy the low water depths at the mouth of the river and the need to create an entry into deeper water and therefore safer. Thus was born the port-channel, with two moles guardians and 500 meters north-east, on stilts. Initially the airport in Pescara is equipped for small and medium tonnage ships, in addition to providing support to the fishing activities that were already active in the central Adriatic. The port immediately showed signs of development beginning the economic growth of the city.