Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Province of Pordenone, Italy
Pordenone listen is a comune of Pordenone province of northeast Italy in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region. The name comes from the Latin "Portus Naonis" meaning the port on the river Noncello.
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, with its characteristic Gothic and Renaissance edifices, some with frescoes.
Cathedral of St. Mark (Duomo) was built from 1363 in Romanesque-Gothic style and restored in the 16th and 18th centuries. It houses a famous fresco of San Rocco and an altarpiece by the native Renaissance painter Giovanni Antonio de' Sacchis (commonly known as Il Pordenone). It has a 79 m bell tower.
Palazzo Ricchieri, today seat of the Town Art Museum. It was originally a tower-house from the 13th century, later adapted as a mansion by the Venetian family of Ricchieri.
The Gothic Communal Palace (1291-1395). The loggia, the pinnacles and the watch-tower, designed by painter Pomponio Amalteo, were added in the 16th century.
The church of the Santissima Trinità ("Holy Trinity"), alongside the Noncello river. It has an octagonal plant and frescoes by Giovanni Maria Calderari, pupil of Il Pordenone.
Castello di Torre ("Tower Castle") (late 12th century), residence of the Ragogna family and now seat of the Western Friuli Archaeological Museum. It was assaulted in 1402 by Imperial troops, who left in place only a tower.
Roman Villa of Torre, remains of a patrician villa discovered in the 1950s.