is a 15th-16th century palace in Vicenza
, northern Italy
, designed for Marcantonio and Adriano Thiene, probably by Giulio Romano, in 1542, and revised during construction from 1544 by Andrea Palladio.
In 1994 the palace was included in the "Vicenza, city of Palladio" World
Heritage Site by UNESCO. In 1996 the World Heritage Site was renamed "City of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas of the Veneto
", and it was expanded to include outlying villas (one of which is the Thiene brothers' country home, the Villa Thiene
). The palace is used as the historic headquarters of a bank and it also hosts some exhibitions and culture events.