Palazzo Capponi alle Rovinate is a residential palace in Florence
The palace was built perhaps by Lorenzo di Bicci (although other scholars have attributed it to Filippo Brunelleschi) for Niccolò da Uzzano. It was finished around 1426. After his death a few years later, it was acquired by the Capponi family.
The entrance on Via de' Bardi has fresco, attributed to Lorenzo di Bicci himself, with two flying figures holding the Uzzano coat of arms. Internally, at the feet of the main staircase, is a porphyry lion, an ancient Roman sculpture from the 2nd century AD. In the piano nobile is a small chapel with an altarpiece by Pontormo, perhaps taken from the Barbadori Chapel of the church of Santa Trinita
. There is also a stained glass window, with the Deposition from the Cross, by Guillaume de Marcillat (1526).
The rear facade, added in the 19th century, overlooks the Arno River