(English: White Palace) is one of the main buildings of the center of Genoa
. It is situated at 11, via Garibaldi (known at one time as Strada Nuova, and before that, Via Aurea).
It contains the Gallery of the White Palace, one of the greater city art galleries, and together with those of its neighbors Palazzo Rosso and Palazzo Doria Tursi, it forms part of a cluster of museums at that end of the street.
Constructed between 1530 and 1540 by Luca Grimaldi, a member of one of the most important Genoese families, in 1658 the palace passed into the possession of the De Franchi family, and in 1711 it was given by Federico De Franchi, its inheritor, to Maria Durazzo Brignole-Sale, his main creditor.
The new owners, between 1714 and 1716, carried out a decisive restoration of the building, adapting it to the tastes of the age. It subsequently earned the name White for the clear color of its exterior decoration.
In 1899, Maria Brignole Sale, the Duchess of Galliera and the last member of the family, divested the palace to become municipal property and thus destined it to become a public gallery.