Cathedral (Italian: Cattedrale di Manfredonia, Cattedrale di San Lorenzo
Maiorano) is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Manfredonia in Italy
, dedicated to Saint Laurence of Siponto (Italian: Lorenzo Maiorano, "Laurence Majoranus"), one of the patron saints of the city. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Manfredonia-Vieste-San Giovanni Rotondo
The construction of a cathedral in Manfredonia, after the transferral here of the seat of the bishops of Siponto, began on 7 February 1270 and finished in 1274. The first building was destroyed by the Turks in 1620, and was not rebuilt until 1700, using the ruins of the old Angevin church on the authority of the then bishop, Bartolomeo della Cueva, Cardinal Vincenzo Maria Orsini (later Pope Benedict XIII), and Mgr. Andrea Cesarano. Della Cueva modified the main entrance, moving it to the opposite end of the church. He also had the canons' stalls constructed and the main altar.
In the 1960s at the wish of the bishop Cesarano the new façade in travertine marble was constructed, which incorporates the marble statue of John XXIII created by the sculptor Aronne del Vecchio.