The David Lubin Memorial Library is the main library of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). Its World renowned collection consists of technical material related to food, nutrition, agriculture, forestry and fisheries, with emphasis on developing countries. The core of its historical collection is the library of the International Institute of Agriculture (IIA), whose assets were entrusted to FAO when the IIA was disbanded in 1946.
In 1999, the Italian government (which owns the FAO headquarters buildings) began renovation of the library's physical space. The newly designed library includes facilities for access to electronic resources, multifunctional meeting room spaces and e-learning labs for computer training. Construction of the new premises, designed by Sartogo Architetti Associati began in 2002 and was completed in 2005.