Cathedral is a Romanesque cathedral in Alba, Piedmont
. It is dedicated to Saint Lawrence. It is located in the Piazza del Risorgimento, better known as Piazza Duomo ("cathedral plaza"), amidst cobbled streets.
The church is well known for its wood-carved chorus stalls built in 1512 by Bernardino Fossati. The stalls consist of thirty-five seats in two semicircle rows. The center one is the Episcopal stall. An overhead canopy is flanked by 34 children's stalls, seventeen on each side. The canopies and stalls are decoratively framed in an architectural style typical of the area. This includes a traditional iconographic motif of Renaissance marquetry.
A small altar, built in 1872, is dedicated to San Bavo. It contains an oil painting on canvas, a representation of San Bovo, by the artist Luigi Morgari and was painted for the cathedral. Placed over a sacred table that was built to a design of Edoardo Arborio Mella, the painting is framed by stucco decorations, pale blue in color, with gold decorations. The painting portrays San Bovo kneeling in admiration of the cross which pierces the sky. The saint is wearing a red cloak, and is dressed as a soldier in boots and a helmet. He holds a waving white flag; a shield lies at his feet. A tower is visible in the distance.
A baptistery chapel, designed by the architect Ugo Della Piana in 1991, contains the painting The Baptism of Jesus.