Wai is a town in Sātārā District in Mahārāshtra, India. Wai has the epithetic name "Dakshin Kashi". In old times, it was known as Virat Nagari. Wai is known in Maharashtra for its ghats on the banks of the Krishna River and its temples, including especially the "Dholya Ganapati" temple on the "Ganapati Ghat". Wai is also famous for film shootings (Hindi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Tamil etc.). Films like Gangajal, Omkara, Dabbang, Swadesh, Ishqiya, Singham, Deool, Bol Bachchan,Zila Ghaziabad and many others.
There are four temples Chakreshwar, Chimneshwar,Kaunteshwar/Harihareshwar and Kaleshwar near Brahmanshahi ghat. At Govardhan Sanstha there is Krishna Mandir. Near Brhmanshahi there are Vitthal and Ganpati temples. Ramdoh ghat has Rameshwar temple, Ramkund and Chilavali Devi temple. On Gangapuri ghat there is Lord Shiva, Dwarka, Bahiroba, Dattatray Temple. On Ganpati Aali that there is Ganpati temple and Kashi Vishveshvar temple. In Dharma Puri there are Lord Vishnu temple and Mahalaxmi Temple. Rokdoba temple (maruti) is built by Ramdas Swami. Dholya Ganpati temple is one of the prime temples in Maharashtra. The idol of Lord Ganesh is extremely big and is situated on the beautiful ghats of river Krishna. there is hanuman mandir situated near mahaganpati ghat.
- Paga Talim - Here Afjal khan had kept his horses, when came to Wai. Locals of Wai had helped Afjal khan & provided this place to use. They have also given other information to Afjal khan about the Mahabaleshwar forest & area around it.
- Dholya Ganpati Mandir- This temple is built by Raste in 18th Century on the bank of River Krishna, Wai is the first holy place of The pilgrims on Krishna, the people have known Wai as "Dakshin Kashi". There are also 7 Ghats on the Krishna's bank.
- Govardhan Sanstha (Goshala)-This is about 110 years old Goshala where lots of cows are kept. The institute has launched a pioneer model project of electricity generation from cowdung. The motto of institute is not only cow is sacred, she is useful in all aspects.
- Kashi Vishweshwar Mandir- This is very old temple of Lord Shiva, the main feature of this temple is the nandi made by the same stone from which the idol of Mahaganapati was made, & this Nandi was decorated by the garlands & other jewellery, also there is a pendol made by stone & on which design is very beautiful.
- Krishna Ghat- Threre are lots of temples on Ghat.
- Dhom & Dhom Balakwadi dam:- Dhom Dam is situated on the Krishna & Kamandalu river with capacity of 14 T.M.C,& The Balakwadi dam is 19 km from Wai also built on Krishna capacity is 4.08 TMC.have very great natural climate.
- Wakeshwar- This is the "Hemadpanthi" type Temple of lord shiva situated in the village Bavdhan on the bank of krishna river having very good natural surroundings.
- Bhadreshwar-The temple of Mahadev Bhadreshwar in the Krishana river on the Wai-Surur road.
- Sonjai- This is the temple of Goddess Sonjai & Kaleshwari on the hills of Sonjai in the Village Bavdhan. This hill are the main stream of the Sahyadries,the height of this hills are at about 2000 ft.