Peb Fort is also known as Vikatgad and is located in the village of Maldunga, nine miles north-east of Panvel on a hill that is 1000 feet high. It was first surveyed by Captain Dickinson in 1818 and he found that it had two pathways which met at a point that was nearly twenty feet below.
Teh fort can be accessed from Neral station. There is a temple of Goddess Pebi at the foot of the hill. then there is also a temple of Lord Mhasoba halfway up the hill. the fort also has two caves and a rock-cut cistern that is twenty cubics square and four feet deep that is full of water all the year round. there are also remains of forty to fifty small houses on the fort.