The Gurudwara Nada Sahib is situated in Panchkula
on the bank of Ghaggar river in Sivalik foothills. It is a famous religious place of the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh halted here while travelling from Paonta Sahib to Anandpur Sahib after the Battle of Bhangani in 1688.Nadu Shah Lubana family member of Baba Makhan Shah Labana of the adjoining village served Guru Gobind Singh and his followers with food and milk.
Guruji blessed Nadu Shah and said that due to his service the place would be known as Nada Sahib and his name will be remembered forever.The place remained obscure until Bhai Motha Singh, who belonged to a village nearby, discovered the sacred spot and raised a platform to perpetuate the memory of the Guru's visit.
Since then several new buildings have been constructed. The original Manji Sahib has been replaced by a doublestoreyed domed structure, with a large rectangular meeting hall adjacent to it. A spacious brickpaved courtyard separates these buildings from the complex comprising the Guru ka Larigar and rooms for pilgrims.The holy flag flies atop a 105 feet (32 m) high staff on one side of the courtyard, near the site of the old shrine. Religious gatherings and community meals take place every day.
The full moon day every month is celebrated as a festive occasion attended by a large number of people from the northern region so its good.A spacious new building is constructed now by SGPC along with huge three storey parking and Langar Hall.A new museum covering Sikh history is being established at Nada Sahib.