Kosi Kalan is a town and a municipality in Mathura district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Kosi Kalan is situated in BrijBhoomi, i.e., the area where lord krishna has spent his childhood days. Town was named Kosi for being treasury of NandBaba (Father of lord Krishna) (as Kosh means Treasure). This town is a hub of cultural and commercial activities. There is another saying about name, People believe it got its name from Kushasthali which mean place of Kush, Kush is son of lord Ram. The town is situated on the Delhi-Agra highway (NH-2)at 100 km milestone. The town is equally famous for its varied culture (since it is situated at tri-junction of Uttar pradesh, Rajasthan and Haryana) as for its industrial development.
Pilgrimage In Kosi Kalan:
- Nagar Devi (City Goddess) - Maa Bhagwati ji.
- Maa Pathvari Devi
- Kaila Devi Mandir
- Kali Mata Mandir (Ram Nagar)
- Hanuman Mandir (Near Gandhi Park School)
- Bhole Baba Mandir (Near Talab)
- Nandgaon (8 km)
- Barsana (15 km)
Ramleela function of kosi kalan is very famous northern India
and kosi kalan is famous for bharat milaap in ramleela function and many people from all over india comes to see this bharat milaap to kosi kalan. this has been organizing for last 150 years to 100 years and presently it is orginizing under the supervision of Pundit Satyanarayan Purohit for last 16 years. Its location on NH2 with equal distance from Delhi, Agra, Noida
and Gurgaon (100 km), It is very well connected from Rajsthan, Haryana, Delhi and MP through direct bus connectivity also large number of plying locals (EMUs) has made Kosi Kalan an easily approachable place and convenient place.
, where lot of devotees come to pray Lord Shani (Saturn), is 8 km away from Kosi Kalan. Here the lord Shani known as son of lord sun and related to saturn planet is worshipped. It is the place of attraction for many devotees from the various parts of India and it also attracts foreign tourists. A lot of "bhandaraa" are organised every Saturday by the devotees and this devotion in the faith of Shanidev Maharaj has led the MD of Omaxe Construction Ltd to offer his company to develop the vicinal area. Now various dharamshalas can be witnessed and the prayers can be offered through well planned route.
Since Kosikalan is almost equidistant from Agra and Delhi, hence its geographical location is best suited for Hospitality industry, there are several Dhabas which are famous in India. Kosikalan has few World
class Hotels as well. Few notifiable Hotels are:
Nearby Visiting Places:
- Hotel Ashok (A unit by ITDC)
- Country INN
- Sagar ratna
- Jain Hotel
- Nandgaon, an ancient village and pilgrim where lord Krishna spent lot of time of his childhood which is just 10 km from kosi kalan.
- Barsana, It is also an ancient village and pilgrim related to Indian Goddess devi RADHA RANI just 20 km from kosi.
- Vrindavan World known pilgrim of lord Shri Krishna just 35 km from kosi kalan.
- Mathura, Again world known place, pilgrim and birthplace of lord Krishna just 40 km from kosi kalan.
- Some other places are KOKILAVAN, BATHAIN KALAN , GOVARDHAN, CHAMELIVAN, CHARAN-PAHADI, KAMA FORT.