It is the most prominent and an unforgettable landmark in Visakhapatnam. It is a single and massive hillock of more than 350 meters in height resembling the Dolphin’s nose, hence the name. It protects the Visakhapatnam Harbour as well as the Head Quarters of the Eastern Naval Command. Visakhapatnam Port Trust’s Light House is also situated on top of the hill and guides the approaching ships into Visakhapatnam. The port channel cuts in between three hills which eventually emphasize the lovely topography of Visakhapatnam. Ross Hill, the highest mount named after Mr. Ross, a local authority who built a house on it in 1864, Darga konda, has a mosque and a shrine of a Muslim sage Ishaque Madina who was also revered for his prophecies. Sri Venkateswarakonda features a temple, which was built by Capt. Blackmoor in 1886.