College of Technology is a state government funded engineering college located at Pantnagar in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It was established under the then Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University and now called Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology. The College of Technology was established in this university in 1966. It has ten departments that offer eight Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree programmes in various fields, namely Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering. The college also offers 24 postgraduate programs including a self financed MCA program.
- Produce engineers with the strong education foundation and the adaptive skills to serve rapidly evolving technological industries.
- Conduct nationally recognized technical research focused at providing a technological edge to India, in general, and Uttarakhand in particular.
- Develop appropriate technologies for the upliftment for rural areas of Uttarakhand.
- Provide a diverse curricula that will instill in our students the imagination, talent, creativity and skills necessary for rapidly changing requirements for modern life and to enable them to serve in a wide variety of other fields that require leadership, teamwork, decision making and problem solving abilities.
College of Technology has widespread campus area in G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology University. The college has two buildings namely PCT (old building) and NCT (new building). There are department buildings for all the branches and Department of Information Technology is under construction. The campus has well equipped laboratories with all the new and old instruments that date back to 1960s for an innovative and basic learning about the concepts of engineering. College of Technology is an integral part of G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology University.
The university campus is located at a distance of 250 km from Delhi in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand. The nearby towns are Rudrapur
(16 km), Haldwani
(25 km) and Nainital
(65 km). Two National Highways- NH 87 and Bareilly- Nainital highway touch the campus. Pantnagar Airport
, operated by Airports Authority of India is located in the campus, 2.5 km west of main administrative building. Two railway stations of North Eastern Railways- Pantnagar (IR Code PBW) and Haldi Road (IR Code HLDD) are located in the campus at a distance of 4 km (east) and 3 km (west) respectively from administrative building. University shuttle service, local rickshaws, auto-rickshaws and matador vans connect various parts of the campus. Pantnagar is a purely residential university and comprises an independent township in itself.
Most of the student's activities are organized through college-level professional societies, like the Engineering and Technology Society, that comprises 5 bureaus namely Executive Body, Science and Literary Bureau, Cultural Bureau, Logistics Bureau and Alumni Cell. The society organize popular fests, tech-fairs, cultural nights, treasure hunts and various competitions year round. Apart from these, there are branch chapters for all the departments like Sprinkler, Interface, Electroglint, Electronika, Plexus, Mech Chap, Nirmaan and Genesis. There is active participation of students in other university level societies like Vivekanand Swadhyaya Mandal, Sanskritic Chetna Parishad, etc. which organize popular student activities. The Pantnagar Chapter of SPIC MACAY regularly organizes classical music and dance concerts by renowned artistes. CHETNA student wing works for upliftment of poor children in the campus.
All undergraduate students take part in community service, which fetches them two credits towards their degrees in form of a mandatory NSS course involving 240 hours/10 days of social service. Students also take part in liberal education courses offered by the university like dance, music, yoga, Indian cultural heritage, personality development, English vocabulary, Indian languages (Tamil, Punjabi), foreign languages (French, German), etc. Stevenson stadium is the hub of sports activities, which are organized through 17 sport clubs.
- Colosseum: Colosseum, the All India Inter Collegiate Technical Fest holds the second position among the technical fest organized in the north zone of the country. It has a participation of 3000 students from over 40 colleges of the country.The fest is an platform for young minds to display technical temperament and innovation skills to create scientific masterpieces. The fest comprises several enticing and brain storming events viz. Biz-czar-the business plan presentation contest, Iconoclasm-the case study contest, X-Quiz-It-the core quizzing contest, The Game Changers-the theme event of Colosseum, Voroc-the problem solving Contest, Ranbhumi -the robotics contest, Aurum- the personality development workshop, Renaissance- the workshop and guest lecture series, Sanrachna -the model making contest, Kurukshetra- the LAN gaming contest, Inspire India -the youth parliament and loads of other fun-filled events. The annual tech-fest is organized every year in the last week of March.
- Litrosphere: The Science and Literary Bureau of Engineering and Technology Society organizes Litrosphere, the Literary Fest, being one of its kind in the University, provides a platform to the students to explore and highlight their creativity and talent in the subtle art of words. It is the grand congregation of more than 2000 students and experts from academia to be a part of this festival of expressions. The immersive cocktail of events include core literary events like debates, group discussions, quizzes etc. mixed with fun events like sales appeal, dumb charades etc., thus ensuring full-on enjoyment along with some serious mind churning. The literary fest marks the beginning of the “Tech Week” of the college which culminates with Colosseum, the Tech Fest.
- Accolade: Accolade is the All India Inter Collegiate cultural and fine art fest involving huge participation from students of various colleges and Universities across the country. With its spirit of fun and colors Accolade is one of the most vibrant festival in the north zone of the country. With events ranging from wall painting(Adhaar), dress designing, dance competition, singing competition, rock bands competition, digital designing and photography contest. The cultural and fine arts fest is organized every year in the last week of January.
- Spardha: Spardha is the annual sports meet organized by College of Technology, Pantnagar in the last week of October.It involves participation from students of various colleges across the country in an array of outdoor and indoor games like athletics, football, badminton, table tennis, squash, weight lifting, volley ball, Chess, Carrom etc. Spardha creates an environment of energy & competition and involves rising to the occasion to come out as a champion in such games.