Rétság is a small town in Nógrád county, in Hungary.Rétság is located 55 km (34 mi) north of Budapest on the E77 European main road, halfway between Vác and Balassagyarmat. The town is seated at the border of Cserhát and Börzsöny hills. Its location determines the function of the town.
The St. Andrew Roman Catholic church was built in 1726. The railway connection and the railway station was built in 1908. Presidential Council of Hungarian People’s Republic pronounced Rétság to be town in 1989.Characteristic buildings of the former armoured trooper caserne can be seen from a great distance.Kovács mansion built in neoclassical style in the beginning of the 19th century in Pusztaszántó.