The village is situated on the northeast border of Fejér County (4045 inhabitants). In 1927 the village Bot, which after the Middle Ages was considered as an independent village only from the 18th century, was annaxed to it. In the 17th-18th centuries Etyek was the domain of the Jesuit order’s convent of Komárom. The owner settles down a large number of German settlers near the Calvinist Hungarians. The Roman catholic Church of the settlement shows late Baroque marks (built in 1814). The church of Gothic origin in Botpuszta was rebuilt, in about 1750 and was built a convent too. The village and its area belongs to the Etyek Wineregion.