Phone number 1: +36 (96) 525090
Monument: fortress, castle, palace, mansion
Open from: 1. January
Open till: 31. December
Attendability: can not be visited
Description: One of the dominant building structures of Chapter Hill (Káptalandomb) is the Episcopal Palace, otherwise known as Bishops' Castle, the keep of which dates back to the 1200s. A permanent exhibition was opened in 2004 about Bishop Vilmos Apor, who was shot dead by Russian soldiers in the cellar under the castle in 1945.
Architectural style: Baroque
Function (monument): in its original function, cultural institution