Sha Chau is an island at the northwest water of Hong Kong. It is off the shore of Lung Kwu Tan near Tuen Mun in the mainland New Territories, separated by waterway of Urmston Road.
Sha Chau is composed of four islets including Sheung Sha Chau, Tai Sha Chau, Ha Sha Chau and Siu Sha Chau.
A Tin Hau Temple is located on Tai Sha Chau. According to inscriptions, the temple was probably initially built in 1846 by fishermen from Castle Peak Bay off Sha Chau. The temple was destroyed by a fire in the 1970s and was rebuilt in 1998. It is a Grade II Historic Building since 1981. An aviation fuel receipt facility (the Receipt Jetty) is located at Sha Chau. The Receipt Jetty is where bulk intake of fuel for Hong Kong airport takes place. The Receipt Jetty is connected to twin 6 km submarine pipelines which carry the fuel to Chek Lap Kok. Sha Chau was initially intended to be a temporary location for the facility.