The Old Kowloon Fire Station consists of a Main Block and an Accommodation Barrack. The main block was built in 1920, while the two-storey accommodation barrack was completed in 1922. It served as a fire station until 1971, when it was replaced by the Tsim Sha Tsui Fire Station
on Canton Road
. The fire station was also known as the Terminus Fire Station because of its proximity to the Kowloon Station
(demolished in 1974), the then south terminus of the British Section of the Kowloon–Canton Railway.
The main block of the fire station has been listed as a Grade II historic building since 2009.