The Legislative Council Building of Hong Kong
, also called the Former Supreme Court
Building, was the home of the former Supreme Court until 1985, when it was renamed and became home to the Legislative Council of Hong Kong. Members of the Council and the President have offices in this building. It is located in Central Hong Kong
, along the eastern side of Statue Square
, directly west of Chater Garden
The Exterior of the Old Supreme Court is one of the declared monuments of Hong Kong. It was built on reclaimed land, and opened on 15 January 1912. The two-storey granite building is neo-classical in style supported by Ionic columns. It is surmounted by a blind-folded statue of Justice, represented by the Themis, the Greek Goddess of Justice and Law.