Duddell Street is a street in Central, Hong Kong
, bounded by Ice House Street and Queen's Road
Central.This short street includes at its southern end a flight of granite steps, built between 1875 and 1889, leading to Ice House Street. It was named for George Duddell, an auctioneer and ultimately a significant property owner in the area around the present Duddell Street in the mid-19th century.
In April 2012, the flagship store of clothing retailer Shanghai Tang was opened at 1 Duddell Street, known as the 'Shanghai Tang Mansion'. It is close to 1,400-square-meter and is the largest branch in the World
, designed by Shanghai-based design firm Design MVW.
The street is famous for its four gas-powered street lamps. While all other street lamps in Hong Kong are now electric, these four still use town gas. The Hong Kong and China
Gas Company continues the operation of the lamps as objects of historical interest. Duddell Street Steps and Gas Lamps are Declared monuments of Hong Kong.