St. Catherine's Church is one of the five principal Lutheran churches (Hauptkirchen) of Hamburg, Germany
. The base of its spire, dating from the 13th century, is the oldest building preserved in the city; after the lighthouse on Neuwerk island. It is situated on an island near what was formerly the southern boundary of the medieval city, opposite the historic harbour area on the Elbe river. It traditionally served as the church of the seamen.
The earliest attestation to the existence of the church dates back to 1256. The main body, consisting of a triple nave, was rebuilt during the mid-15th century in the north German Brick Gothic style.Famous pastors have included Joachim Westphal and Philipp Nicolai.