Heiliggeistkirche is a Gothic hall church in Munich, southern Germany, originally belonging to the Hospice of the Holy Ghost (14th century). It was remodeled in 1724-30 by Johann Georg Ettenhofer (vaults, renovation of pillars); in the interior are Rococo frescoes and stucco ornament by the Asam brothers. After the demolition of the hospice buildings in 1885, Franz Lšwel added three bays at the west end of the church and gave it a Neo-Baroque facade. The church suffered severe damage during World War II and its interior furnishings were largely destroyed; extensive rebuilding and restoration was carried out after the war.
The tower (1730) has a lantern dome of characteristic Munich type. The Neo-Baroque facade shows use of elements borrowed from Viscardi's Trinity Church. The interior is aisled, with an ambulatory round the choir. The nave is barrel-vaulted, with small vaults over the windows. The aisles have groined vaulting. The interior of the church was renovated in 1991.