The Museum of the Soviet Occupation is a history museum in Tbilisi, Georgia, documenting the seven decades of the Soviet rule in Georgia (1921-1991) and dedicated to the history of the anti-occupational, national-liberation movement of Georgia, to the victims of the Soviet political repressions throughout this period. It was established on May 26, 2006. The Museum is a part of the Georgian National Museum (GNM).
The Museum is located in Rustaveli Avenue, Tbilisis main thoroughfare, and is administered as a part of the Georgian National Museum. Being the third such museum in the post-Soviet states, it was inspired, at least partially, by the examples of similar exhibitions in Tallinn (Estonia) and Riga (Latvia). It was inaugurated in the framework of Georgias Independence Day celebration on May 26, 2006. The necessary financing was primarily provided by the Presidential Fund, an extra-budgetary source of revenue controlled by the administration of the President of Georgia. Total space of the display is 700 square metres and the number of exhibited items exceeds 3,000.