The Palais De Justice historique de Lyon is a building located Quai Romain Rolland, on the right bank of the Saône, in the 5th arrondissement of Lyon. In 1996, it was classified as monument historique.Its construction began in 1835 and ended in 1842, under the direction of architect Louis-Pierre Baltard. It was built in the same location as the previous courthouses that followed since the 15th century.
The Palais de Justice de Lyon is often called the 'Palace of the twenty-four columns'. This is one of the finest neo-classical buildings in France.In 1995, construction of a new courthouse in the district of La Part-Dieu allowed the transfer of the Tribunal de Grande Instance, the Tribunal d'Instance and the Tribunal de Commerce de Lyon. The Cour d'appel of Lyon and the Cour d'assises of the Rhône remained installed in what is now the historic courthouse of Lyon.