The History of Medicine Museum (French: Musée d’histoire de la médecine) in Paris, is located at the second floor of the Paris Descartes University, 12 rue de l'École de Médecine, in the buildings of the historic Faculty of Medicine, created in 1803 on the site of the old College and Academy of Surgery. The museum's collections, among the oldest in Europe, were started by the Dean Lafaye, a professor at the Faculty of Medicine in the 18th century.
The collection was successively enriched with many donations. The core of the museum hosts an exceptional collection of surgical, diagnostic and physiological instrumentation spanning centuries. There are also paintings, engravings, and lithographs. Restored and open to the public, the museum's goal is higher education and research.