Vahanga is a small uninhabited atoll part of the Acteon Group in the Tuamotu archipelago, French Polynesia and belongs to the municipality of the Gambier Islands.
Vahanga is located 9 km west of Tenarunga and 1362 km southeast of Tahiti . It is a circular atoll with a diameter of 3.6 km and an area of 3.8 km2 (12.6 km6 lagoon inclusive). It is a low atoll with a landing place on the northwest side of the island near a white house, but there is no access to the lagoon.
The first mention of the atoll was made by the Portuguese navigator Pedro Fernández de Quirós on 5 February 1606 under the name Las Cuatro Coronadas (the "four crowned" (by coconut palms)), however these observations were not fully documented. As such, the first unambiguous approach to the island was made in 1833 by navigator Thomas Ebrill on his merchant vessel Amphitrite and again in 1837 by Captain Edward Russell on his warship HMS Acteon, the name given to the group. It was previously owned by a man named Captain Nicholas but was redeemed in 1934.
Vahanga hosts a flora composed of coconut trees, Portulaca lutea, Cassytha filiformis, and Amaranthaceae such as the genus Achyranthes aspera var. velutina.