The Fort de Bellegarde is a 17th century fortification located above the town of Le Perthus, in the Pyrénées-Orientales département of southern France.
Le Perthus became French territory after the Treaty of the Pyrenees (1659). Bellegarde was captured by the Spaniards in 1674, but retaken by Schomberg in 1675.
In 1678, Vauban's plans for the new fortress of Bellegarde were approved.
During the War of the Pyrenees, the fortress was besieged in May - June 1793 by the Spanish and then by the French (May - Sept. 1794).