Botzaris is a station on the Paris Métro, serving Line 7bis in the 19th arrondissement, named after Markos Botsaris, a hero of the Greek War of Independence. East of this station Line 7bis becomes a unidirectional loop. The station was opened on 18 January 1911 with the opening of the line that it is on as a branch of line 7 from Louis Blanc to Pré Saint-Gervais. Because the station is built in a backfilled quarry, it was built with arches over each of the tracks to strengthen the station box. On 3 December 1967 this branch was separated from line 7, becoming line 7bis.