Loksa is a town and municipality in Harju County, northern Estonia. It has a population of 3,403 (as of 1 January 2010) and covers an area of 3.81 km². The Valgejõgi river runs through Loksa and drains there into Hara Bay. The village of Loksa was first mentioned in 1687 but this area is known in modern times as the village of Kotka. The development of what is known these days as the town of Loksa started around 1874 when the landlords of Kolga established a new brickyard outside Loksa village. Around this factory a new market town was born.