Wesley's Chapel is a Methodist church in London which was built by John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist movement. The site also is now both a place of worship and a visitor attraction; incorporating the Museum of Methodism in its crypt and John Wesley's House next to the main chapel. The chapel was opened in 1778 to replace John Wesley's earlier London chapel, The Foundery. In 1776 Wesley applied to the City of London for a site to build his new chapel and was granted an area of land on City Road, London.
After raising considerable funds the foundation stone for the new chapel was laid on 21 April 1777. The architect was George Dance the Younger, surveyor to the City of London. It was built by Samuel Tooth who was a member of the Foundery Chapel. The opening service was on All Saints' Day, 1778. Along with the associated Leysian Mission, Wesley's Chapel forms a circuit of the London District of the Methodist Church. The chapel has an average Sunday service attendance of 439.