Welford Park is a country house and estate in The Village of Welford, near the town of Newbury in the English county of Berkshire. Whilst of some historical significance, the estate is perhaps best known for its displays of Snowdrops in early Spring.
The church of Welford St Gregory, one of only two existing round-tower churches in Berkshire, is located adjacent to the house. The various chalk streams that make up The RiverLambourn flow through the grounds. Welford Park is built on the site of a monastic grange that belonged to Abingdon Abbey from Anglo-Saxon times. After the dissolution of the monasteries, King Henry VIII used the site for a hunting lodge.
The existing house dates from about 1652 and was built for Richard Jones, the grandson of Sir Francis Jones, Lord Mayor of London in 1620, who had purchased the property in 1618. The house was remodelled by the architect Thomas Archer about 1700, which resulted in an additional storey and a facade decorated with ionic columns. The interior was again altered in 1840.